Tuesday, February 17, 2009

On the Road Again

Well, I heard last week from my assignment officer and we are moving on out. I requested a list of billets that she had and here is the list:

Sector Atlantic Beach, NC
Arlington, VA
Alameda, CA (3 billets)
New Orleans, LA
Honolulu, HI
Five 378 foot cutters

I gave her my preferred priority list as you see above. Basically the boats and New Orleans are out of the question; we do not want to go there. I was hoping to have word back by the middle of the week. None of us really want to move but we know we go, when they say go. The good thing is we might not be that long at our next unit. I am submitting my package for Chief Warrant Officer (CWO) and if I get picked up, we could be moving again in 18 months. I have not told JoLynne this; she is taking us moving the hardest. I have decided that she can find out when she reads her dads blog, which will probably be after we have already moved for the second time. I will announce where we are going when I find out for myself.


I am still patiently waiting to pin on my anchors and I say that it will happen on April 1st; but my CWO feels it will be March 1st. That is just a few weeks away and I am getting nervous, it is a big step to go into the Chief ranks. I will have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment