Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Conspiracy Theory


I need to share a little story about our kids and the bed. Very rarely are Amber and I allowed to sleep in our bed alone. We have two little people that feel all will be better if they are in our room. They each have their own approach to getting on the bed. First I will talk about "Wookie". For him, he just walks in and says "MOM!!!!!!!!" and that is how he gets in.
As for Madi, well I think she has been watching some ninja movies. It is actually funny what she goes through just to get in our room. I have seen this a few times and it never gets dull.
Step 1: Open mom and dads door and hide in the hall
Step 2: Peak around corner
Step 3: Duck walk to end of bed (this is the funny thing, I can see the top of her head while she is moving)
Step 4: Get half way on the bed, then freeze
Step 5: After about a minute, bring up the rest of the body and freeze in a ball on the bed
Step 6: Hold position for a few minutes and slowly spread out on bed.
One time in Hawaii, I was watching this routine and waited until she was in a ball on the bed and then yelled: "Hey! What are you doing!" She freaked out, jumped off our bed and ran into her room. I think that I scared her so bad, she probably peed her pants.
Anyway, that has been our life during sleeping hours for awhile. Then the other night, Wookie came in first, then Madi. Both of them were turned in opposite directions and spread out like a starfish. I was to tired to deal with them, so I went to the comfy couch and slept there for the rest of the night. When I awoke to get ready for work, this is what I found (picture). To quote a line from the movie CHICKEN RUN "They are organized."

2 comments:

  1. I am rolling! Sneaky little buggers! It just makes me giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehehe that is too cute. I laughed right out loud.

    ReplyDelete