Friday, January 9, 2009

Oh the sweet military life


My supervisor received a call from our assignment office at Head Quarters. All the SKC (E7) billets in the Tidewater area (Norfolk, Portsmouth and Hampton Roads) has already been assigned to other Chiefs. My SKC is probably going to turn in his retirement papers and well since my first 4 picks are gone I will be left to the wind. My next three picks were in Seattle and California. She (assignment officer) is supposed to call back on Monday.

***You might ask "Whats up with the boat?" It was the only picture I could find on my computer with the Coast Guard logo. I was stationed on it in Hawaii. This picture is from when we visited the Solomon Islands.****

2 comments:

  1. Nice we'll be seeing you in the Petaluma Ward I presume ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So no luck in staying put? We will be glad to have you closer, but bummer since you were hoping to spend some more time there. :( Guess we better get some plane tickets and head that way pronto?

    Can I just say, as I am sure you have heard before, I am so jealous of that Midway picture. The sand and water is SO BEAUTIFUL!!! I need some sunshine can you tell?

    ReplyDelete