Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009! It is finally here! Last night was the first time that I was unable to celebrate New Years Eve with Amber. It is kind of amazing that I being in the military have gone 13 years being able to celebrate each new year with her. I was lucky enough to have duty in the barracks. I was preparing for the stumbling kids coming back from their celebrations, but I was not woken up once. It was very peaceful. I guess the highlight of the night for me was seeing Robbie Maddisons sick jump in Vegas. In case you missed it here is the link:

http://expn.go.com/expn/blog/moto

You might have to cut and paste, but it is worth it. I should my two year old son today "Wookie", and his eyes lit up and he said "COOL". A couple of more years and he should be good to go for his first motorcycle. It reminds me of my best friend from high school, Steve, who did a crazy vertical jump like Robbie. It was no where near the height, but it was still awesome. I think he scared the crap out of his self. It is late and already the 2ND of January, will continue again tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year, a week late :)

    As for the motorcycle business. YIKES!!! Please be careful!!! And from your cautious friend, who happens to be a trauma social worker- NEVER go without a helmet and protective gear :)

    There I am done. :)

    ReplyDelete