Monday, January 19, 2009

DOWN WITH RCA!!!!!!!!!!

Momma always said "You should always talk about someone as if they were in the room", well I am sorry mom but this time no. I would like to take you back about 16 months or so. While we were living in Hawaii, my lovely wife Amber made a purchase. She bought a DVD/VCR burner. The whole purpose of this was to be able to transfer our home videos to DVD. Anyway, she went with the machine that was a little more pricey, but was wanting a good quality machine she picked out a RCA model. Within two months, the machine quit working altogether and we were never really able to burn any videos worth keeping. We went back to Walmart and they were kind enough to trade in the machine with a new one. We took it home and after a month or so, we started to have problems again.

Because it was pass the 90 day limit, we had to work with Thompson Inc (RCA) to try and get a replacement. I called the company and explained the situation. I asked what I need to do to get refunded. I was told that they will not refund the money, but that we had to send the machine to them in Texas for repair. I told them that we were about ready to move from Hawaii to VA. I was instructed to state in the letter to have them ship it to VA. It would take 6 weeks to get it back.

7 weeks later, we have safely arrived in VA, and I called them to ask where our machine was at. I was told that it was sent to our address in Hawaii. Hello!!!! I was able to stay calm, but was starting to get upset when I asked who signed for the machine and they said no one, that they just left it on the door step. It took another 2 - 3 weeks, to get from Hawaii to us in VA. Again they shipped to the wrong address in VA. Well, by this time Amber and I wanted strangle something, but at least we had the machine. I did not even bother to take off the protect plastic, I had a feeling that we would be shipping it back. Instincts were right and in October, I had to send it back due to it not working properly. They received it on November 11, 2008. I was told that I should have a replacement machine by December 11. So on December 12, I called and asked where my machine was. They were not sure and asked if I could call back in a couple of days. Around the 20th of December I called and was told that they would not be able to send me a machine and would provided a full refund. All I had to do was to fax in the receipt and with in a few weeks, I would get a check. Last Thursday, I called to get status. Guess what, they acknowledge receiving the paper work, but had yet to cut the check. I was told that I would be receiving the check in 6 - 8 weeks. This were I lost it!!! I told them that there company sucks, and the customer service was terrible. I would never recommend RCA to anyone and that I would be contacting my legal office to see what legal action I can take against the company. I then hung up the phone.

Anyway, I will never purchase a RCA product again. I searched the web and found that a lot people have had problems with repairs and refunds with RCA.

No comments:

Post a Comment