Saturday, December 27, 2008

Cold day in DC


Well we went to DC for my daughters birthday. Our family and Grandma too. It was a fun long day. Departed home around 0730 and returned home just before midnight. The weather was bone chilling. I believe that it was a cold 26 degrees and a slight wind. Definatley not what I am used to coming from Hawaii. We walked the mall and saw some of the monuments. By the time we made it back to The Musuem of Natural History, I think we were all popcicles. Poor Joaquin, I am not sure what he thought about that day. One bit of exciting news, while we were making our way up to the Lincoln Memorial, a gentleman approached us and asked if we would like to participate in a study. They had a orange 3 foot square on the lawn. They were wanting to see if they could fit 6 people in it. The reason for the study is that when Obama is sworn in as the new president, they are expecting about 4 million people in attendance. Which would average 6 people every 3 square feet. He then interviewed us on tape. Asking questions about the election, if we were planning on attending the inaugeration. Was it comfortable for us being so close. The men were from NPR in Washington. The interview is supposed to be on the website soon. They forgot their camera and asked if I would mind emailing them a picture. Sent one out, and when I get the link I will add it to my blog.

1 comment:

  1. Theo! Welcome to bloggyland. The Rookie is on the phone with Amber right now and I just learned you are a blogger :) Welcome!

    Thats totally fun you were interviewed by NPR. How squishy was the 3ft square?

    Cute pic of the fam. You look cold :)

    ReplyDelete